The Integrated & Global Solutions (IGS) team of WTW is made up of around 350 dynamic and unique individuals around the globe with one thing in common. We thrive on the challenge of bringing together the best of WTW to solve the business needs of our largest and most important clients, most of whom are multinationals. Our work is varied and challenging, encompassing a wide range of different projects, solutions and services, which we tend to group under our seven main solution lines:
- Global Retirement Management
- Global Health & Risk Benefits
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Financial Resilience
- Total Rewards Management
We are looking for someone with great people skills and a desire to have a career in consulting on a broad range of global HR and finance topics. As part of the role, you will use your technical skills through studying for the UK Institute and Faculty of Actuaries exams, to supplement the consulting work. As you progress in the role, you will take on more responsibility for project managing large global projects. You will develop relationships as a trusted advisor to the HQ functions of multinational clients across a range of different projects.
The types of projects you could be involved in during your career with IGS include:
- Coordinating the actuarial valuations of a client’s pension plans for inclusion in their annual reports, working with local actuarial teams around the world to review results for consistency, and producing analysis and reports for the client.
- Delivering advice to the headquarters of our multinational clients on employee benefit matters around the world. This includes the coordination and project management of global benefit benchmarking and compliance exercises, developing governance frameworks, and setting up expatriate benefit programmes.
- Assisting colleagues to provide advice on people issues as part of a merger, acquisition or divestiture, including performing due diligence on the target company, recommendations of benefit harmonisation approaches and some financial aspects such as the impact of pension liabilities on the purchase price of a company.
- Delivering advice to multinational clients about how they can more effectively finance their insured employee benefits (such as life insurance and health insurance) in order to take advantage of potential cost savings and other non-financial advantages. Activities might include cost projections, provider selection and negotiation, implementation and ongoing support.
- Implementing new pension plans and undertaking provider selection processes in countries where WTW does not have a local retirement team.
- Keeping up to date on changes in legislation and market practice to identify issues that clients should be addressing, both in specific countries and from a wider macroeconomic perspective.
- Supporting the use of WTW’s tools to help clients to maximise the value from their benefits data.
- Working as part of a team to perform actuarial valuations of pension plans for expatriates under different accounting standards.
- Supporting the administration of complex defined benefit pension plans for expatriates.
- Conducting research to enhance our intellectual capital.
- Supporting new business pitches, e.g. drafting proposals for new projects for clients.
- Getting involved in ad-hoc projects in other areas such as Global Health & Wellbeing, Global Benefits Management, Defined Contribution pension consulting, embedding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion principles into clients’ benefit provisions.
Skills and Attributes
- Relationship-building skills in order to work effectively with colleagues in other teams, other offices and other countries, as well as outside third parties, when delivering to clients’ needs.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively both independently and in teams, including remotely with colleagues in other countries.
- Strong project management and communication skills, specifically the ability to juggle several different projects concurrently and deliver on all of them.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to think creatively in order to develop tailored solutions or advice to clients.
- A desire to work towards an actuarial qualification. We suggest you understand this commitment before applying.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours in order to communicate with clients/colleagues in other time zones or to meet client deadlines when required.
- Attitude to always deliver high quality work in line with clients’ expectations.
- Desire to learn
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data will be advantageous
- An interest in people issues affecting multinational companies
Career Path and Study Support
Our development programme will equip you with the skills you need to progress in your career. During the first few years, the focus will be on technical and consulting skills, and you will follow a structured development programme of blended learning consisting of a mix of classroom sessions, eLearning, webinars, recorded videos, self-study and reading. You will also benefit from access to our career pathing materials, enabling you to take control of your career from an early stage.
Trainee consultants in the Integrated & Global Solutions team study to become Fellows of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. WTW will support you through the actuarial exams with a study mentor as well as a complete and flexible study support package that includes:
- Membership fees of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Study materials for each exam such as course notes, sample questions, past paper questions, mock exams and revision notes
- Tutorials for each exam
- Exam entry fees and a re-sit attempt if required
- Study leave roughly equal to one day per week
You will also have the support of a large body of students and qualified actuaries, who can share their experiences of studying for the exams.
Trainee consultants receive salary increases for each exam passed in addition to increases that are awarded as part of their annual salary review.
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be September 2023.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate discipline OR
- 2:1 degree including A-Level Maths grade A/B or equivalent qualifications
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Invitation to complete online assessment and a video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 3: Virtual Assessment centre – this is an opportunity for you to meet with members of the team and for the team to understand your strengths, preferences and motivations. The assessment will take place virtually, and there will be an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Stage 4: Offer and on-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September 2023.
WTW is an equal opportunity employer
WTW believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organisation, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at WTW.
Why work at WTW?
WTW offers a variety of benefits to support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing, as well as help you develop in your career, and balance your life inside and outside of work. Among other things, these include WTW Work Flex, shared parental leave, a range of Learning & Development (L&D) opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package (which includes Private Medical Insurance and Life Insurance).
WTW Work Flex
At WTW, we see things differently. We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and so we have a variety of different working arrangements which we call “WTW Work Flex”. We encourage colleagues and candidates to make requests for the types of flexible working arrangements that suit them. Visit our career site for more information: https://careers.wtwco.com/wtw-work-flex/
WTW specializes in preparing for the unknown. Here’s how to get ready for the big day: https://careers.wtwco.com/hints-and-tips/