One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
There has never been a more exciting time to join the nuclear sector. From energy generation to waste management, transport through to decommissioning, the Nuclear Graduates programme provides you with the opportunity to contribute to some of the biggest challenges facing our society.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority has brought together leading businesses and organisations to create the award winning & professionally accredited Nuclear Graduates programme.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, Nuclear Graduates will ensure that over two years you will gain an invaluable insight into the breadth of the UK’s nuclear sector, giving you the opportunity to contribute to innovative designs, systems, products, and services.
As a Nuclear Graduate, you will have the opportunity to see the nuclear sector from different perspectives, learning from leading experts on projects that have real impact. You will also receive a programme of professional development to enhance your skills and expertise, whilst also demonstrating a commitment to understanding the communities in which the nuclear sector works.
Technology and Innovation
The Technology and Innovation (T&I) Team is part of OPI and is involved in transforming delivery of our mission through Research, Development and Innovation. This includes ensuring we understand the technical challenges that we face and the possible technologies we and others can develop to address them. Sharing our progress to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is also important to us.
Placement would involve: Supporting procurement and delivery of T&I portfolio (opportunity to develop both procurement, project management and technical knowledge), Supporting communication of T&I portfolio, Developing creative methods to share our challenges and progress (opportunity for collaboration with Communications Team), Supporting development and implementation of T&I strategies (e.g., Robotics and Artificial Intelligence) working with other NDA functions, NDA group organisations and external stakeholders, Support improvements to T&I capabilities (e.g. benefit realisation process, innovation culture).
At the end of your two-year programme, you will be supported in securing a role with your sponsoring organisation or within the wider nuclear sector.
Sponsoring organisations for this discipline are:
The Nuclear Graduates programme gives you:
- Access to three secondments to give you experience across the breadth of the UK nuclear sector
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your time on the programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programme and with your secondments
- A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your Nuclear Graduates journey
- A comprehensive, tailored programme of professional development.
- A competitive graduate starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,000 in your second year
- Additional budgets to support with CPD, travel, core training & development
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing and support services
And in return you will give the Nuclear Graduates programme:
- Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and skills to inspire the generation and contribute to the future of our industry
- Creativity and collaboration
- Drive and determination
- Integrity, being impartial, ethical, and safe in everything you do
- Positivity and commitment to the mission, purpose, and values of the nuclear sector
- Respect for others
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years
- Have the full right to work in the UK (please note we are unable to sponsor visas or accept those with a Graduate visa as candidates will be unable complete the full duration of the programme)
- Successful completion of security clearance checks
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate to complete secondments and training whilst on the Nuclear Graduates programme.
Start date: September / October 2023
Nuclear Graduates roles will be closed when maximum application numbers are reached. We encourage that you apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Please note only one Nuclear Graduates application is required, please do not submit multiple applications.
The recruitment and selection process consists of four stages:
- Online application form
- Online situational strengths assessment (please note this is not a timed assessment)
- Online video interview
- Assessment centre (please note this may be in person at Liverpool or virtual)
All successful candidates will be subject to security vetting checks following the assessment centre.
More information about the Nuclear Graduates programme and our sponsoring organisations can be found on our website www.nucleargraduates.com