Locations: UK Wide (roles in London, Manchester, Sheffield, Norwich, Leeds, Birmingham)
Salary: £27,500 + benefits
Start Date: 26th September - your availability is required, please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
About the role:
Increasingly organisations need to operate and compete at unprecedented speeds and scale as industries and technologies are advancing. Cloud is the most value-creating technology of our time and is the foundation for the digital transformation that is driving profound changes in how businesses operate, compete, and create value for all their stakeholders.
Our cloud engineering programme provides individuals the opportunity to become certified Amazon Web Services cloud engineers and to acquire the most desired skills for today’s workplace. Once you have completed your training through our Academy you will start your career in cloud working with one of our clients and you will become a Digital Futures employee.
- Work with Digital Futures’ industry partners on their Cloud Adoption projects
- Apply the skills you’ve learned about AWS Cloud during the immersive training
- Demonstrate your understanding of client requirements and translate them into technical solutions that have long term business benefits
- Troubleshoot problems that may occur and follow Cloud best practise to run your solution securely
- Collaborate with teams around the business and present the benefits of Cloud technologies to them
You will continue to benefit from ongoing training, support and mentoring from the Digital Futures team. We will assess your progress continuously to ensure you are developing at the right pace. At the end of your development journey in our Academy, you will be perfectly set-up for a brilliant future in Cloud engineering.
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Your journey with us:
Your journey with Digital Futures starts with our immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for today’s workplace. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and plenty of opportunities to collaborate with your peers. Our mission is to create a tech workforce that is representative of society, and our commitment to diversity within the cohorts in the academy is a true reflection of this.
On completing the course, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures, where you will work in high-performing teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies. Following the 12-week training period Digital Futures engineers will be supported by a 2-year continuous learning programme aligned to AWS Academy certifications. All your training and exams from foundation level, associate level and right through to professional level are provided through the AWS academy and you will be supported by Digital Futures every step of the way.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy or cloud engineering please join one of the introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join the workshops can be found on the application page.
Our immersive training:
Over the course of our programme, you will be trained in each of the core Cloud disciplines across developing, architecting and system operations gaining comprehensive experience in all aspects of the Amazon, Microsoft and Google Cloud platforms.
At the completion of the course, you will be equipped with exact skills required to support complex cloud migration and transformation programmes.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner which covers cloud foundations as well as an introduction to the AWS cloud
- AWS Solution Architecture associate-level course and exam gives you the skills to design cloud solutions
- Terraform Associate exam to ensure you have the Infrastructure-as-code experience needed by businesses
- Microsoft Azure Administrator because all of our customers have embraced multi-cloud and so to ensure that you have the best opportunities we do too.
- You’ll also be learning cloud engineer must-haves such as Linux, Bash Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, Python and DevOps technologies
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training Professional skills training is comprised of six key modules:
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
- Agile methodology
What are we looking for?
Our cloud engineers come primarily from a STEM background, but you don’t need any previous education or experience in tech or cloud to join our Academy. We actively encourage applications from non-traditional backgrounds if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in technology and how it can help the world
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why join Digital Futures?
Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training organisation created by an experienced team, to help people like you get into tech. We will give you the skills and the opportunity to work with some amazing companies across a variety of industry sectors.
It doesn’t matter what you studied at school or university – if you are interested in a rewarding career in the tech industry, we are here to help. We select and assess applicants based on their ability to demonstrate the critical attributes needed for a successful career in tech, with no minimum education or experience required.
We don’t simply talk about being an equal opportunities employer, we mean it. Our successful candidates come from varied backgrounds, and we strongly promote diversity and equal opportunities within the tech sector. We partner with industry-leading and equally minded organisations and universities who support our mission and are a