The RF Systems Group is responsible for delivering designs that range from small RF sub-modules through to complete wireless systems. The group works alongside other disciplines to deliver these services to clients and are therefore fortunate to work closely with a wide range of groups across the company.
Cambridge Consultants has deep expertise in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. We work across the entire wireless landscape - from high-volume consumer applications such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems such as the air traffic control radios used to govern the US airspace. The markets that we address include telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive. This breadth of wireless activity provides tremendous variety to our team.
What we can offer
As a Graduate RF Engineer, you will play a key role in the creation and development of new ground-breaking wireless products, from initial concept through to product specification and successful delivery. The role involves contributing to the top-down RF systems design, board-level RF circuit design and design validation of our clients’ products.
You will have the opportunity to work on ground-breaking wireless designs, for example:
- Developing a novel air-interface and bespoke communication systems for the Ocado Smart Platform controlling hundreds of robots in grocery distribution centres
- Prototyping the world’s largest commercial airborne antenna to deliver superfast 5G to every corner of the globe
- Developing the Iridium Extreme satellite phone, the first truly-global ‘push-to-talk’ mobile communications system
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Component selection, board level RF circuit design and laboratory-based design validation
- Prepare component level RF systems specifications for wireless systems, under the supervision of the technical authority
- Participate in the regulatory approval and/or field based design validation of our clients’ products
- Where appropriate, create novel design solutions that will be of particular interest to our clients
- As required, present designs, results and/or conclusions to clients in a way that demonstrates the value added by Cambridge Consultants
- Work as part of a close-knit, multi-disciplinary project team focused on delivering design solutions to our clients
What you can bring
Ideally you will have a degree in electronic engineering or a related discipline, with experience of RF techniques and RF laboratory test equipment. We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven interest in and knowledge of RF system design and RF circuit design.
Developing innovative and imaginative solutions requires an inquisitive approach and a willingness to tackle complex problems. You should be keen to learn new skills and open to new approaches. Good oral and written communication skills will be key to interacting effectively within Cambridge Consultants and our clients’ organisations.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender (or gender reassignment), age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
As a graduate, you'll start your career doing the work that interests you most. Where you go from there is up to you. We give you the freedom to follow your interests and steer your own career in the direction you want, providing you with all of the support, mentoring and training you need.
- Good salaries, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Bonus scheme in addition to basic salary
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Free lunches and refreshments
- Private medical insurance and company sickness scheme
- Pension scheme including free life assurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Assistance in relocation if applicable
- Active social committee
- Well equipped and pleasantly situated building on the Cambridge Science Park
- Above all, real responsibility for real business problems, with good career prospects based on merit