The Waters Mechanical Engineering team based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, focuses on the development of Waters Mass Spectrometer product range. As part of our team, you will be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction and continuous improvement in manufacture.
Mass Spectrometers are complex devices which give scientists the ability to measure molecular mass and are used in many different industries. They require high precision engineering and have closely integrated electro-mechanical elements. At our purpose-built facility in Wilmslow, we have Physicists, Chemists, Hardware and Software Engineers and Manufacturing specialists working collaboratively to achieve product realisation. As a Mechanical Engineer the challenges of working in this environment can offer an opportunity to broaden your skills and give satisfaction that your contribution has made a difference to the world of environment and health sciences.
During our development activities we utilise state of the art equipment: Computer Aided Design, 3D Printing, Multi Physics Simulation, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Structural Finite Element Analysis and 3D Tolerance Analysis. Waters has a strong focus on innovative solutions, Robust Design, Systems Engineering, Customer Experience, Usability Engineering and Design for Excellence.
We actively support Engineers in their pursuit of professional registration to enhance their personal and professional development.
We are interested in hearing from, and will consider, engineers from all levels of experience and from all relevant industries to fill this position.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer here at Waters, your responsibilities will include:
- Work together with multi-functional teams to create innovative design concepts to develop Waters products.
- Identify and deliver design improvements which result in enhanced product quality, robustness, and performance.
- Use Design for Excellence approaches on new and existing designs to drive continuous improvement activities.
- Produce project documentation of a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Build relationships both internal and external to Waters to execute new product development and other engineering project activities
We'd love to hear from you if you have a:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant Engineering subject, or directly related work experience.
- Background in the creation of new design concepts for high precision products using a 3D CAD system, Solidworks or Siemens NX preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of skills required to develop complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience of taking new designs through a lifecycle management process to commercial release.
- Excellent organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
In return you will receive:
- A plan for your personal development in your own area of specialism, pursuing this with the support of your manager to undertake the training and learning to progress. Including support to pursue professional registration
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health and dental insurance
- Contributory based pension scheme
- Subsidized membership of onsite gym
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)